Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Private
    PFO Points

This is a disturbing thought. All I can say is any website that inhibits, breaks or manipulates the game of poker as it is will not get my business. I don't care if I lose every hand or win every hand

Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

"With the exception of madbetty" and some other choice quotes not bothered to requote , you sure scoring choice points with the clan now!!!

Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

I dont think limiting/prohibiting winning players will be a good thing in poker but you can limit yourself to a level playing field by avoiding cash games (deep pocket players) and only play MTT/STT with no rebuys/add-ons. These by default level the playing field as the depth of a players pocket has much less clout there.

PFO Points

I would think that rooms would have players money invested in various 'safe' accounts that would accrue interest. As long as that money is available on demand, I would assume they would be able to make some revenue off of every deposit made. That would reduce the amount of rake needed per dollar deposited to turn a profit.

And let's be honest, we need profitable poker rooms to exist, or else poker rooms don't exist at all.
    Luck is a Residue of Design.

Private
    PFO Points

Nanonoko signs up on your site and sits all 20 games for 10 hrs a day. Good for you? Or bad
    Okay, as someone who is both new to this forum and (relatively) new to online poker I think there are a couple of things wrong with this:

1/ Do you think a named play who no one wants to play is really going to sit on 20 tables for 10 hours a day? S/he will get bored and probably leave.

2/ I think you will always get those who think they are strong enough to beat the best, and so there will be a steady stream of people trying to beat the top player if they know s/he's on a particular table.

PFO Points

Marm posted this year

I just read this and although it's been alluded to, no one stated the obvious fact: Stories of winning players is the only thing that keep many fish in the game, and brings in new ones every day. Plus with social media the word would get around real quick not to play at your site. If a conspiracy started up with all sites... I don't want to describe how dirty that would make me feel.

I can't be sure, but I think the whole topic was a troll, and not all that well disguised. Or Ed's an idiot.
    Last edited by Pinguaq; September 28th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, they make them." - George Bernard Shaw

PFO Points

and Pinguaq FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason75
    I like trons' advice.
    Trons
    JstTrons
    Toyotatruck

Thread Information