Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    PFO Points

Default Hands-up with myself

That is a security problem with the different rooms of the poker networks - they allow you to seat legally with two different nicks on one table; someting I think is absolutely inadmissible. Follow two e-mails to two poker networks and two of there operators. Please, think over the problem and say "yes" to my actions. Also check your known poker networks for the same issue.

Hello, (28 of July 2013 to XX and YY)

Attached you'll find 4 selfexplicant screen-shots, but nevertheless I'll give my time to give you some more explanations.

Several, many years ago I, from curiosity, signed-up at many Poker sites, XX (XX) and YY (YY). Because I was not enchanted and had not too much time to play even meantime while doing other things, I stoped playing for some 5 years. Restarted almost 1 year ago. YY remembered me that I have some $3-4 at there place, they have saved all the years, and I played some tournaments (I play only tourneys). I do not liked to play at XX because of their software. .... XX .... I saw that thay are the same as YY and played at them because of my higher bankroll there.

Yesterday while waiting for the start of some tourney at XX I erroneously stated the ZZ client (....) of YY. It was strange that I was allowed to login twice at ZZ, but the most strange was that I was allowed to register twice to the same tourney. (That is on one computer, on one IP-line) The game started and it happened that the two my accounts were seated at the same table. We were dealt cards and my first, YY's, "I" mucked. The second, XX's, "I", on an other windows, wanted to bid but was stopped by a dialog box saying that there are a second player and I am to contact the support. For sure, not the right time, after the game was started, to check the identity of the players! My XX player was put "away". With the other one, the YY's one, I went to the final table. On the XX window I started a trial, play money, XX game and it worked simultaneously with the YY tourney. I, as a profesional programmer with very, very long experience, asked myself: "How and when do they verify the identity?". At the break I opened successfully my "away" XX tourney table. I could see my last dealt cads (absolutely not normal) and could read the Hand history - all my mucks, as sitting out, but when I tryed to check the "away" button, the "second player" and "contact support" dialog box reapeared and closed my table's window. Strange.

While still playing I started to think over how to cope with this weird, unrealistic, spaghetti software. No matter how strange it sounded to me, I decided that these crocks (sorry, but as a professional I am very sensitive to the outrages of my colleagues) verify me, and not the right time but after stealing my buy-in, by the computer's address under internet protocol. So after the game I started a YY client on one of my computers, anXX client on an other computer with different internet line and obtained the results seen on the attachments - seat with two men on one table! Absolutely, ABSOLUTELY inadmissible!!! Precondition for cheating. The security of ZZ stinks!

Continued a bit my tests. What is at least not so bad is that ZZ do not allow me to start simultaneously two XX clients on different computers with different internet lines.

What do I want from you? Despite the fact that I sent ZZ the following message:
    ------------
    Please,
    Give my an e-mail address, because I hate to type in narrow text boxes.
    Also, please, examine carefully the following selfexplicant screen-shots:
    pic 1 (table XX with my two personages)
    pic 2 (table YY with my two personages)
    pic 3 (an other hand on table XX with my two personages)
    pic 4 (an other hand on table YY with my two personages)
    I give you 5 days to correct it.
    (name)
    ------------
    I do want you to forward them this letter and to give me their direct e-mail address. Also I want them, ZZ, to repair this more than scandalous negligence in 5 days (my opinion is that 2-3 hours are sufficient) or I'll make it public. The online poker places/operators/skins praise themselves with some big algoritms to detect cheating but even do not check your name and e-mail address - ridiculous!

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

(nick1), (nick2) (name)

Hello, (29 of July 2013 to AA and BB)

Attached you'll find 4 selfexplicant screen-shots, which can also be found at:
    pic 1 (table AA with my two personages)
    pic 2 (table BB with my two personages)
    pic 3 (an other hand on table AA with my two personages)
    pic 4 (an other hand on table BB with my two personages)

As you can see I managed to set a hands-up with myself on one of your tables (Well, that is play money, but I do not believe that you have separate security systems for play money and real money. It turned out that I do not hold up money at AA, as I do not play there) just using two computers and one IP-address. When, an year ago, I registered, first at AA and next at BB, with the same real name, the same real street address and the same e-mail address, I did not knew that they belong to the same poker network and share the same tables. You do not allow me to start both clients simultaneously on one computer. And that is good. But once, a year ago, when I returned to the online poker after 5 years vacance, accidentally, just trying the new softwares, I started the one client on my computer and the other one on the laptop. And played a tournament (I am interested only in tourneys) with two participants. Then I did not give that fact the necessary thoughts, but had to. I remembered this case only today and I'll tell you later what is the reason.

To give a person the possibility to play - see the cards and even bid, with more than one personage is to give him great advantage over his opponents. It is not only unfair, it is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY inadmissible!!! But you allow it. The online poker places/operators/networks praise themselves with some big algoritms to detect cheating but even do not check your name and e-mail address - ridiculous! Please, to not tell me that I easyly can arange a "Hands-up with myself" just registering with the personality of a friend or relative. Yes, but that is an obvious violation of the Terms and conditions. In the case shown there no violation as, for as I remember, nothing is said about networks etc. in T&C. So, it is your duty to prevent it.

I give you 5 days (my opinion is that 2-3 hours are sufficient) to correct this scandalous negligence. If that can be a consolantion for you - you are not the only network allowing "Hands-up with myself". That is why I remembered my tourney with two personages.

I will start a discussion about the issue in the poker forums, keepeng your names secret till you do the necessary corrections in the indicated term and forever if you did them.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

(nick1), (nick2) (name)

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you're in trouble. I hope you didn't have too much money on these sites as you just lost it all. You cheated, got caught, then complained that they let you cheat to the site that they let you cheat. Priceless. Bye now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by jjpregler View Post
    Yeah, you're in trouble. I hope you didn't have too much money on these sites as you just lost it all. You cheated, got caught, then complained that they let you cheat to the site that they let you cheat. Priceless. Bye now.
    Are you sane? I cheated? And lost all?
    Even it is the case the scandalous issue PERSISTS!!!
    And you are to comment the spaghetti software, not my wallet.

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by pti View Post
    Are you sane? I cheated? And lost all?
    Even it is the case the scandalous issue PERSISTS!!!
    And you are to comment the spaghetti software, not my wallet.
    I play tournaments, you rapscallion! Had you not red it?
    Last edited by Steve R; August 7th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

You are a cheater. Ever hear of the clean hands doctrine in law. Probably not since you were so stupid to cheat then complain. You cannot cheat then accuse someone else of anything that happens in concert with your cheating.

Yes, I am sane. Yes, I dislike cheaters. I abhor cheaters at poker even more. Therefore, I abhor you, you cheater.

Bye now. Go troll somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

2+2 Nuked Me
    PFO Points

Yesterday while waiting for the start of some tourney at XX I erroneously started the ZZ client (....) of YY.
    All I have to say about this is:
    Spoiler
    FUCK OFF

You must be the world's worst computor programmer if you "accidently" open another poker skin while waiting for a tournament to start & "accidently" enter the same tournament that you're waiting for.

You obviously did it on purpose to see what would happen & now you know so....
    Spoiler
    see previous spoiler

Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

HANDS UP!!!! sounds like a line from a bank robber

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by jjpregler View Post
    You are a cheater. Ever hear of the clean hands doctrine in law. Probably not since you were so stupid to cheat then complain. You cannot cheat then accuse someone else of anything that happens in concert with your cheating.

Yes, I am sane. Yes, I dislike cheaters. I abhor cheaters at poker even more. Therefore, I abhor you, you cheater.

Bye now. Go troll somewhere else.
    Rapscallion, even I am cheating the problem persist - HOW I was alllowed to do it! Wi6h the same identification!! fu
    Last edited by Steve R; August 7th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

PFO Points

I play tournaments, you rapscallion! Had you not red it?
    Glad I'm not a mod anymore, because that comment would have earned you the permaban you deserve....
    Last edited by Steve R; August 7th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Luck is a Residue of Design.

Thread Information