Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Default ***Official*** Ask Steve about Online Poker Training Sites thread

Over the past few years I've had the honor of reviewing virtually every online poker training site out there (which often meant free access to the library). So if youh have any questions regarding these site --best sites, what games they specialize in, or anything else-- feel free to ask away in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by G9OLT
    I just think you guys didn t want it enough this month
    Read my musings on poker and life at PokerNewsBoy.com, and My Poker Blog

"Galfond is a mind reading wizard & we should consider burning him at the stake." Hockey Guy

"Stud is an art form, sorta like martial arts, without the karate chops and the "hi-yah's." Pikachar

PFO Points

Sweet! Old member here, back on because of your e-mail :P I don't play too much anymore, but maybe once I have a stable job/life I'll wade back into the waters.

Anyway, what's the best one for MTTs? I feel like they're where most of the money is, because that's where most of the casual players and donks would be, with visions of WSOP and WPT and whatnot from TV shows.
    For great rakeback options and lots of member freerolls and promotions, sign up at Rakebrain!

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Azeldin!

There are a few that deal with just MTT training like Tournament Poker Edge and Float the Turn, and more rounded sites like BlueFire Poker have been adding MTT coaches (Bluefire created an MTT team).

I guess it depends on what you want ot spend. Blue fire is the best training site imo, but Jonathan Little's Float the Turn is running an $8/month with no signup special (which is hard to beat).

The good news is that virtually all of these sites now offer free 7-day trials, so you can always browse before you buy (they never did this in the past)

"Galfond is a mind reading wizard & we should consider burning him at the stake." Hockey Guy

"Stud is an art form, sorta like martial arts, without the karate chops and the "hi-yah's." Pikachar

PFO Points

Cool I'll probably check out FtT if I get back into the game more seriously. I've been playing a few of the Micro Millions on PS and running absolutely awful. A nice welcome back to the felt indeed!
    For great rakeback options and lots of member freerolls and promotions, sign up at Rakebrain!

Master Sergeant
    PFO Points

Hello all

Just wanted to say as a related aside that Johnathon Little has done a couple of free videos on the site I use for learning and I was super-impressed by them. I was talking to Steve about joining his training site for the $8 a month and would have done so but have been earning training points through a tracked set up. Still point being his $8 a month website must be well worth a look if the free videos on another site were good.

Also Steve which sites would you recommend for Omaha training or even some of the other variants? I do like Holdem but think it would be nice to be competent at some of the other variants.

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Deuces Cracked has a lot of mixed games videos. I like the way they do the series' format there too

PFO Points

Who does a guy have to blow to get a bluefire poker sub?
    Fish on a heater

Master Sergeant
    PFO Points

Leatherass lol but you don't have to blow anyone for 7 days as they are running a trial

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WeakTight View Post
    Who does a guy have to blow to get a bluefire poker sub?
    Beyond the 7-Day trial... give me a couple days and I'll see what I can do

PFO Points

Cool I'll probably check out FtT if I get back into the game more seriously.

Thread Information