I've been playing live for awhile now and I was a consistent winner. Recently I had to go down to 1/2 to rebuild my bank roll. (I normally play 2-5 $1500bi) I buy in for $300. I'm still in the positive. I have my rent paid for the next year off of wins. I'm not willing to dig into that however, and I'm running very slim on playable cash. (I lost 12k in 2-5, losing my buy in every night) I then took a notebook to the casino and wrote down any hands I lost to search for leaks in my play, turns out that 79% of my losses I was ahead on the turn, and got all the money in on the turn, the other 21 percent were reasonable calls and never for more than $200. Now of those losses that I was ahead on the turn, more than half of the time I was 85% or better to scoop the pot!
I'm yet to come out of a session positive in the last 3 months. I took 2 weeks off and returned to the casino tonight to play 1-2. I started off strong, bluffed my first 2 pots at the table and was up +250. Then I was in a hand where I turned 2 pair with a small diamond flush draw against an A-2 diamond flush draw. He shoved on the turn, I called. Diamond hit, standard beat not a big deal, takes 100 from my stack.
Very next hand I get AJ on the button, UTG +2 raises to 7, I re-raise 20, he calls. we're 4 ways to the flop. Flop comes out:
Kd 5c Jd.
Checks round to me, I raise 45. I'm heads up with the initial raiser. Turn comes 2h, total brick. He checks to me and I raise now to 125. He hesitates and calls. River comes the Qd. Board:
Kd 5c Jd 2h Qd.
He puts me all in, instantly. Right away I know my initial read was right, he had AQ. I jump into the tank for a bit, give a small speech about how he has AQ (I want him to show me after I fold) then I fold. He shows the AQ.
The night continues, I build my stack back up (No showdown wins fyi, no hands bigger than 2 pair)
I then get AcAs in the cutoff, pots been raised I reraise. 1 caller flop comes:
10cAh10h, he immediately goes all in for 3xpot. Easy call (there is a bad beat jackpot AAA1010 beat by quads or better, must use both cards in both hands)
He flips over Q10, spikes the 4th 10 on the turn.
Again, I build my stack (Again, no hands to showdown, nothing more than 2pair). An hour later big stack raises the button after my initial raise of 17 UTG. I reraise, we get it all in.
Him: KsKd, no flush draws avaliable to him.
K in the window. Me sad face, run home to complain on forums.
I don't get it, the river has not been kind to me. I'm staying composed and making sick reads, sick laydowns, proper bets, proper checks. Mixing my game up and disguising my hands. Playing what I believe to be the best poker of my life. 3 months without getting my money in bad, and 3 months without a profit. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to PokerForums.org
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Thread: Bad Run. Months long.
April 24th, 2012 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- PFO Points
Bad Run. Months long.
April 29th, 2012 #2
how long have you been playing?cant you just write it off as a downswing?they can go on for months!im a noob and spent half my poker life in a downswing lol,but ran good at first.statisticly,things have too go the other way eventually so can you afford to wait?will your bankroll take the beating?i cant see any problems with your play at all.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)